Explaining The Black Value System
The Black Value System was written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Community and has been adopted by a lot of communities all over the world.
Dr. Manford Byrd was the founder of the Manford Byrd Recognition Community. He suffered through discrimination in his life because of his race.
He wanted to exceed in his life, and he was pulled back. He created the Trinity United Church of Christ to bring an end to this practice. The sufferings of blacks have been the reason behind the formation of the Black Value System.
The Values That Are Taught In the Black Value System
There are a few ethics and values that make this system so influential. These ethics are taught to all the Black communities in gatherings. The main values of the system are as follows:
- A person needs to be committed to God – The first value is to love the God with all heart and become Black Christian Activists.
- A person should be committed to the Black Community- The second responsibility is to stay true to your community. Any achievement you make should be for the benefit of the Black Community.
- A person should be committed to the Black Family- The black family circle should be loved and cared for. Your family should be your priority, and the people who have been blessed with families should work to maintain the happiness.
- The person should be dedicated to gain education- Each Black person should strive to gain as much knowledge as possible depending on his mental potential. The person should gain knowledge from everywhere, even if the formal school education is not available.
- The person should be dedicated to pursue education- Each person should reach for excellence in their capacity. This excellence should be helpful for the growth and prosperity of the black community.
- The person should follow all the Black Work Ethics- High productivity should be the primary goal of the Black Workforce. The black community competes with other states and has to do better than them.
- The person should be Self-Disciplined and should have Self Respect- Self-Discipline is essential to achieve anything in life. Hence the member of the black community should practice self-discipline. Self-Discipline needs to be accompanied with love for self and respect for self, and these two will help the person succeed in his life.
- The person should deny to pursue “Middleclass-ness” and any behavior that leads to it.
- The person should take a pledge to dedicate all his success and skills to the betterment and development of the Black Community.
- The person should take a pledge to give a small portion of their income or their personal resources regularly for the betterment and development of the Black Community.
- The person should take a pledge to commit loyally to all the black leaders who follow and preach the Black Value System.
- The person should be committed to follow the Black Value System and also to make sure that all his activities are in the benefit of the Black Community. He should make sure that all that he does has no negative impact on the growth and development of the Black people and the community.
These are the core valued that make the Black Value System. A lot of information about is available at various portals online.